Calgary Colts Family, Friends and Fans
Update week of Sept. 8, 2014
“Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself” Paul “Bear” Bryan
- • Help needed: We are starting to plan the year end Banquet. Please let me know if you would like to be involved. firstname.lastname@example.org. We should have a date and venue confirmed soon …
- • Important: Fees are due for all players. Please contact Paul Dimini for payment arrangements: email@example.com
- • Game #4 Sept. 6 Saturday vs Edmonton Huskies @7:00 PM McMahon Stadium – Great Job Colts! Big win!
- • Practices/ Schedule this week :
- BYE Week: No practice. Time for players to rest and mend.
- Team throw around – Wed. 6:30 PM @edge, no gear.
- • Player reminder: 50/50 Stamps game Sat. Sept. 13
- • Game #5 Sept. 21 Sunday vs Saskatoon Hilltops @1:00 PM McMahon Stadium – LAST HOME GAME!
- • This game is dedicated to our Colts Alumni. All Alumni card holders admitted free. If you are alumni and want to signup, see the website under contacts for the form link!
- Game will be dedicated to the Calgary Colts Alumni! Bring your alumni card (or signup at the game) for entrance.
- If you can help we need ticket takers, 50/50 and Merchandise sellers – let us know! firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tickets are avail on the web site or will be on sale at McMahon
- Colts Merchandise available for sale – We still have lots to choose from!
Coaches Corner Coach Snoop says:
Announcement: We are going to have a run 7pm this Wednesday September 10th at the edge, NO GEAR!
Pre-Game last week: I would like to say to all the friends, family, and fans that we need to have as many people out for this game to show support as possible especially since we are going into the bye week. Hopefully we are able to perform well this game in Saturday the 6th. I’m also excited to hear what kind of noise will be made and see how crazy the fans will be this time. For the fans last game kept us in it, kept us fighting and we need that type of support for Saturday’s game!
Players keep grinding and stay positive, right now the feeling at practice is great and we need to transfer that over to the game. So work hard, keep positive and keep grinding! Let’s go boys!
Post-game: Once again I am proud how we practiced all week and it carried over into the game. We played hard for 60 minutes and I couldn’t ask for more. I would like to thank all the fans and especially Shank Show, we love the drum and that beat!
Attention: There are still a few players that need Jobs and billets, if you or anyone you know is able to help the players with these things it would be greatly appreciated! Contact email@example.com and they will hook you up!
Colt of the Week:
NAME: Vince Greco
COACH SNOOP’S COMMENT: “Vince Greco is Colt of the week because I believe the way he has taken leadership in the defensive back core is great and the players seem to be gravitating towards him. Greco is one of those players who leads by example, and shows how his hard work and dedication towards his position pays off. But most of all though, I’m impressed with his leadership skills that he brings forward for the Colts. Keep grinding Greco! ”
POSITION COACH: Coach Sayer is Vince’s position coach. Vince Greco deserves Colt of the week because he has displayed leadership qualities since day one. Greco leads the young guys with pose and determination to ensure they know what is happening and how to handle it. I have to say Greco is a very smart, intelligent player that always gives it 110% no matter what, and because of that I believe he is an excellent candidate for Colt of the week.
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A COLT: 4 years
WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE MEMORY OR MOMENT BEING A COLT: My most memorable moment as a colt would be in my 2012 season where it was my first game at starting position; we versed the Saskatoon Hilltoppers on their home field. We won against the Hilltoppers at their first home opening game of the season and this hadn’t been done in roughly 65 years. We won on a last minute field goal. It was one of the most electric games of football that I have ever played!
WHAT ARE YOU MOST LOOKING FORWARD TOO IN THIS 2014 SEASON: The thing I am most looking forward to this year is getting our first win!
WHO’S YOUR FOOTBALL IDOL? My football idol would have to be Ed Reed, because I see him as an amazing role model and as one of the best safeties to ever play. I really admire the way he plays!
Contact us with your questions OR if you would like to help! firstname.lastname@example.org