Calgary Colts Family, Friends and Fans
Update week of Aug 10, 2014
“Without self-discipline, success is impossible, period.” Lou Holtz
- • Game #1 Aug. 16 , 2014 McMahon Stadium @7:00PM vs Edmonton Wildcats
- ○ If you can help we need ticket takers and 50/50 sellers
- ○ Tickets are avail on the web site or at the East side ticket office!
- ○ Colts Merchandise will be available for sale in the concourse
- ○ A concession will be open
- ○ Let’s Cheer our Colts together – seating at East Side Section T/S/R
- • Practices this week :
- ○ Mon. Aug 11@ McMahon 6:45 film and meeting
- ○ Tue. Aug 12 – Thursday Aug. 14 @ Shoudice ( taping 4:30, meeting 5:55, on field 6:45)
- ○ Friday Aug. 15 @ Shouldice – Walkthru (taping at 5:45)
- • Practices next week will commence at the Edge facility Tue. Aug. 19
- • Thank you 50/50 volunteers! Proceeds from the 50/50’s from each Stampeder game helps support the CBFA, the Calgary Colts and the Calgary Stampeder Foundation.
- • Help needed:
- ○ Practices Tue.-Thur. videographer and or photographer
- • New Calgary Colts Sponsorship – Hudson’s Canadian Taphouse
- • Present your Calgary Colts ticket stub @ Hudson’s Crowfoot or Downtown to receive $4 Hudson’s Pints and 20% off food. $4 pints valid only until 8pm. Discount on regular priced food only. Valid 7 days from game day.
- Event coming soon – Calgary Colts Family, Friends and Fans (over 18) , Meet & Greet at Hudson’s TBA
Our Head Coach Matthew Blokker says:
- • Coach Snoop is very excited to show our fans the 2014 Colts team. Coach Snoop states “We pride ourselves on being one of the hardest working teams in Canada!” The Colts want to ensure the fans get their money worth and leave the stadium filled with excitement with what the team is doing.
- • Don’t forget to complete your Canadian Center for Ethics in Sport Online Drug Education Seminar and Football Canada Athlete Acknowledgement (both on the Website)
- • IF NOT COMPLETED BY MONDAY AUG. 11 IT WILL RESULT IN NOT PARTICIPATING OR PLAYING WITH THE COLTS. DON’T LET YOUR TEAM DOWN!
Colt of the Week:
NAME: Cole Meyer
POSITION: Quarter Back
COACH SNOOP’S COMMENT: Cole has demonstrated the leader role to his fellow teammates, not by vocalizing it but by showing it. He has stepped up for his position and has studied hard to prove his skills and talents.
POSITION COACH: Coach Couture is Cole’s position coach and says that Cole has had a great week of practice and demonstrates a lot of passion purpose, and poise which are great intangibles to be a leader for a team and QB for this level of football. Another quality that Cole has is his work ethic; this is why Cole is the Colt Player of the week.
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A COLT: 3 years
WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE FOOTBALL MEMORY OR MOMENT BEING A COLT: My favorite memory is my first start as a Colt playing against the Saskatoon Hilltopers last season. I learned a lot from that game and was able to build upon my skills and talents.
WHAT ARE YOU MOST LOOKING FORWARD TO FOR THE 2014 SEASON: The thing I am most excited for this season is the Colts coming together as a family and building a strong bond amongst each other, which will aid us in building a winning program again!
WHO’S YOUR FOOTBALL IDOL? Brett Favre
Contact us with your questions OR if you would like to help!